Private landing bush strip help needed ASAP.

Ask a question. Post an answer. Learn something!
bladepitch
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Private landing bush strip help needed ASAP.

Postby bladepitch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:47 am

Hi folks.

My father inlaw holds. PPL and is a bush pilot, owns a 180 tail dragger and Owns property in north west victoria.

He wants to put a bush strip in. Plenty of room, council was all set approve it as it out the middle of nowhere but at the final meeting his neighbor who is half mile away turned up with documents saying the strip had to have 900 meters clearance at the end?? He obvisoulsy got these from the CAAPs and im sure the idiot doest realise its advisory only. My inlaw even went to the guy six months ago and told him and asked if he had any concerns. The guy was happy and said yeah it will be great. The F@$ker had the balls to say to him after the meeting that in was not personal and that he knows that he does not need a permit anyway. Inlaw was furious and said why the fuc are you even here then? It spooked a few of the old council members into wanting more info and delaying the application which was submitted in good will to ensure everyone would be happy.

I'm away touring at the moment and he has to reply in writing.

Im a rotary pilot so Is there anyone with experience in this type of applications that could help me out. All I require is a few links to settle the issue. The Internet when I'm touring is poor and download takes forever...

Any help would be appreciated.
truthinbeer
1st Dan
1st Dan

Re: Private landing bush strip help needed ASAP.

Postby truthinbeer » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:22 am

I presume you are just compacting road base or similar for the surface? Looks like he may need to build a long straight access road wide enough for overtaking.

I wonder how coral would go as a porous surface? Just been up to Lady Elliot Island where the strip is a coral surface and firm as. Of-course it has a coral substrate as the island is a coral cay but it could work anywhere as a surface. Thing is the grass grows through the coral so appearance would be ok and may not look too different to the rest of the paddock. If you can source coral in Qld (Gladstone?) local Vic company Agspread could backload at the right price from Qld to Vic. They have depot at Mafra and Albury and deliver to Qld.
Disclosure: Agspread are my tenants in Albury.
bladepitch
3rd Dan
3rd Dan

Postby bladepitch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:54 pm

Problem sorted. CASA is writing a nice letter to council to state their thoughts on the matter.

In short they are saying its none of their business... Gotta love that.

So will council.
truthinbeer
1st Dan
1st Dan

Postby truthinbeer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Well done. How did it go?

Return to “Q&A”